Tina’s Chicken Arroz-Caldo
Tina's Chicken Arroz-Caldo
- 500 g chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1-1/2 cup malagkit rice
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-size onion diced finely
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 4-6 cups water
- 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- Sautee garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil and stir for 2 minutes or more – just about when these three ingredients are cooked and mixed through. Add chicken and stir again until the pink juices come out.
- Add rice, stir. Add water, let boil and simmer until the rice are cooked through, adding more water, as necessary.
- Add salt, pepper and fish sauce.
- Serve with hard boiled eggs.